Throughout the summer, ‘Mystic Spires Blue’ produces long stalks of dark blue flowers, which continue to reward in abundance when deadheaded. Refresh tired plants in midsummer by cutting them back by half. This cultivar makes an excellent bedding or container plant.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsLong spires of dark blue blooms in summer. Attracts butterflies.
CareGrow in full sun and well-drained soil. Cut back plants by half in midsummer.
- Genus : Salvia
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 10, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Height : 3 to 6 feet
- Characteristics : Attracts Hummingbirds
- Uses : Containers
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Late Summer, Summer
- Light : Full Sun
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest
Plant Characteristics are only available to Fine Gardening members
Sign up for a free trial and get instant access to our complete plant guide as well as our entire collection of articles and videos.