This deciduous shrub has a spreading habit and branches that form a herringbone pattern. Its glossy, dark green leaves turn red in autumn.White flowers tinged with pink appear in late spring and mature to bright red, round fruit.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsTolerates wet winters and dry summers.
CarePlant in full sun or partial shade and moist but well-drained soil of moderate fertility.
PropagationRoot greenwood cuttings in early summer.
ProblemsRust, powdery mildew, cankers, fire blight.
- Genus : Cotoneaster
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 3 to 6 feet
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Light : Full Sun
- Uses : Ground Covers
- Bloom Time : Late Spring, Spring
- Maintenance : Low
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Flower Color : Pink, White
- Characteristics : Showy Fall Foliage, Showy Fruit
- Plant Type : Shrubs
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest