A mass of small purple leaves and abundant golden yellow, bell-shaped flowers distinguish this groundcover. It is useful on slopes as well as in containers.
CareProvide full sun or part shade and humusy, moist but well-drained soil.
PropagationDivide in spring or fall.
ProblemsRust, leaf spot.
- Genus : Lysimachia
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 6, 7, 8, 9
- Uses : Containers, Ground Covers
- Growth Rate : Fast
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Bloom Time : Late Spring, Spring
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Foliage Color : Purple/Burgundy
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
- Plant Height : Under 6 inches
- Flower Color : Yellow
Plant Characteristics are only available to Fine Gardening members
Sign up for a free trial and get instant access to our complete plant guide as well as our entire collection of articles and videos.