This perennial produces milk chocolate-colored flowering buds that open in spring with golden yellow petals over blue-green foliage.
CareFalse indigo prefers well-drained soil and full sun to part shade. It will tolerate drought conditions. Taller plants may need staking, particularly if they're grown in shadier locations.
PropagationThis cultivar does not come true from seed and should be propagated by division in late fall or early spring.
ProblemsSeeds may be eaten by weevils. Fungal leaf spot, powdery mildew, and rust.
- Genus : Baptisia
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- Tolerance : Drought Tolerant
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Spring, Summer
- Light : Full Sun
- Maintenance : Low
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Characteristics : Showy Seed Heads
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
- Flower Color : Yellow