This sweet potato vine has lime green leaves that light up in the sunlight and look paler in part shade. ‘Margarita’ is a real eye-catcher growing over the edge of a wall or creeping along the fringes of a border. -Julia Jones, Designing with Annuals, Fine Gardening issue #120
Noteworthy CharacteristicsChartreuse foliage; vigorous growth; heat tolerant.
CareProvide full sun to part shade and consistent moisture.
PropagationBy division or cuttings. Tubers can be overwintered in a cool, dry area.
- Genus : Ipomoea
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 11
- Plant Height : 6 to 12 inches
- Uses : Containers, Ground Covers
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Foliage Color : Purple/Burgundy
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest
- Plant Type : Vines