This sweet potato vine is blessed with leaves that are edged in pink. Use it in containers, as a groundcover, or in beds and borders. Growing it with pink-flowered plants calls attention to the variegation.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsSeeds are toxic if ingested.
CareProvide full sun to part shade and medium moisture. Pinch back to control growth.
PropagationRoot cuttings in spring or summer, or start seeds indoors in spring.
ProblemsRust, fungal leaf spots, stem rot, thread blight, charcoal rot, wilt.
- Genus : Ipomoea
- Zones : 11
- Plant Width : 3 to 6 feet
- Plant Height : 6 to 12 inches
- Uses : Containers, Ground Covers
- Growth Rate : Fast
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest
- Plant Type : Vines