Lily of the valley’s bell-shaped, sweetly scented flowers bloom in early spring. It likes partial to full shade and is perfect for a woodland garden. It may not be the best choice for your beds and borders because it tends to spread, but it is a perfect ground cover if you have a large shady spot under some trees.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsAll parts of this plant are poisonous. And they are deer resistant!
CareGrow in an area that gets shade for at least half the day. Mulch to make sure the soil stays moist. Divide if flowers become sparse.
Propagation By division.
Problems Sometimes stem rot.
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- Plant Height : 6 to 12 inches
- Characteristics : Attracts Bees, Fragrant Flowers
- Tolerance : Deer Tolerant
- Bloom Time : Early Spring, Spring
- Uses : Ground Covers, Shade
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Light : Partial Shade to Full Shade
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest