‘Crimson Curls’ heuchera is fairly pest free, but it requires constant moisture to look its best. White flowers contrast with ruby-colored foliage that deepens in direct sun. ‘Crimson Curls’ flowers in late spring, and if deadheaded, will flower again by late summer. It needs too much water to grow well in containers. Instead, use it massed along a walkway or in a woodland bed. -Ron Smith, Regional Picks: Upper Plains, Fine Gardening issue #120
Noteworthy CharacteristicsRuby-colored foliage. Needs constant moisture.
CareProvide full sun to light shade and constantly moist, loamy soil high in organic matter. Deadhead for a second bloom.
- Genus : Heuchera
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- Characteristics : Attracts Hummingbirds, Showy Foliage
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Uses : Ground Covers
- Bloom Time : Late Spring, Late Summer, Spring, Summer
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Foliage Color : Purple/Burgundy
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
- Flower Color : White
Plant Characteristics are only available to Fine Gardening members
Sign up for a free trial and get instant access to our complete plant guide as well as our entire collection of articles and videos.