This cultivar adds attractive white-striped foliage to shady areas, as well as pendent, white, bell-shaped flowers in late spring and early summer, and black berries in fall. The species is native to Japan. Variegated fairy bells grows to about 24 inches tall and wide.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsDangling, bell-like flowers; white-striped foliage.
CareProvide part shade and moist but well-drained, humusy soil.
PropagationDivide in early spring.
ProblemsVine weevils, slugs, fungal spots.
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Late Spring
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Light : Partial Shade
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Uses : Shade
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
- Flower Color : White