'Violet Intrigue' exhibits the typical handsome gray foliage of good lavenders, but its form and flowers are particularly noteworthy. Each stem is strongly upright, and requires no staking, and the blooms are a deep violet that remains vibrant even when temperatures rise. Other than occasional deadheading, no additional maintenance chores are required.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsStrong, upright form. Deep violet flowers. Tolerant of heat and humidity.
CareProvide full sun and humusy, very well-drained soil. Plants may be overwintered indoors in a warm, bright area or in a cold frame or unheated garage.
- Genus : Lavandula
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 5, 6, 7, 8
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Late Summer, Summer
- Characteristics : Fragrant Flowers, Fragrant Foliage
- Light : Full Sun
- Plant Type : Herbs
- Maintenance : Moderate
- Foliage Color : Silver/Grey
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest