Upright, low perennial with deep mauve to violet two-lipped flowers blooming all summer. Angelonia are superlative container plants, and can also be grown as bedding annuals.
CarePlants look best with upright flower spikes; cut back any that lean or threaten to topple over.
PropagationSow seed in spring, or grow from cuttings.
ProblemsAphids, powdery mildew.
- Genus : Angelonia
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 10, 9
- Plant Width : 6 to 12 inches
- Plant Type : Annuals, Perennials
- Uses : Containers
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Late Summer, Summer
- Light : Full Sun
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Maintenance : Moderate
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest
- Flower Color : White