This striking clump-forming bamboo, with olive-purple stems, dark green leaves, and an upright habit, is suitable for screening. May be grown in a container if provided with adequate moisture.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsSlow-growing species with purple hues.
CarePrefers shade from afternoon sun.
PropagationDivide in spring or fall; take rhizome cuttings in spring.
- Genus : Fargesia
- Plant Height : 10 to 15 feet
- Plant Width : 10 to 15 feet
- Zones : 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Tolerance : Deer Tolerant
- Plant Type : Grasses
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Light : Partial Shade
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Growth Rate : Slow
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest