This new, compact loropetalum has the reddest blooms of all cultivars. Dark burgundy foliage retains its color throughout the year. Great for specimen planting, mass plantings and borders.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsDark foliage creates a wonderful contrast with all colors in the garden. Blooms are true red.
CarePrune after flowering in late spring. Light pruning can be done throughout the year. Pruning in fall and winter reduces the flowering in spring. Ideally soil should be kept moist, but this cultivar can handle dry conditions once established.
PropagationPropagation of this cultivar is prohibited
Problems Information provided by Gardener’s Confidence® Collection
- Genus : Loropetalum
- Plant Height : 3 to 6 feet
- Plant Width : 3 to 6 feet
- Zones : 7, 8, 9
- Uses : Containers, Foundation Plantings, Front Yard, Sun
- Tolerance : Deer Tolerant, Drought Tolerant
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Early Fall, Early Spring, Late Summer
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Fall Interest
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Maintenance : Low
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Flower Color : Red
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Plant Type : Shrubs