European wild ginger is a low-growing groundcover with glossy, evergreen, heart-shaped leaves. Its unusual purple-brown flowers lie mostly concealed beneath foliage.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsThis plant makes a great groundcover.
PropagationSow seed in containers as soon as ripe. Some species self sow. Divide carefully in early spring.
ProblemsSlugs and snails. Rust and leaf gall.
- Genus : Asarum
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- Plant Width : 6 to 12 inches
- Uses : Containers
- Bloom Time : Late Spring, Spring
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Light : Partial Shade to Full Shade
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
- Plant Height : Under 6 inches