This is a slow-growing ginger, but worth the wait. Its round evergreen green leaves have a prominent silver-white mottling.
CareCallaway ginger likes morning sun and afternoon shade.
PropagationSow seed in containers as soon as ripe. Some species self sow. Divide carefully in early spring. Best to divide to increase impact.
ProblemsSlugs and snails. Rust and leaf gall.
- Genus : Asarum
- Zones : 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Height : 6 to 12 inches
- Plant Width : 6 to 12 inches
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Uses : Ground Covers, Shade
- Maintenance : Low
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Growth Rate : Slow
- Bloom Time : Spring
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest