This little elephant ear has velvety dark leaves with prominent green veins and a large silvery central blotch. It reaches about 2 feet high.
CareProvide humusy, moist or wet soil in partial shade. Tubers can be overwintered in a dry, frost-free location.
PropagationDivide in winter or early spring.
ProblemsWatch for soft rot, bacterial blight, root rot, corm rot, aphids, whiteflies, and spider mites.
- Genus : Colocasia
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 10, 11, 9
- Plant Type : Bulbs
- Uses : Containers
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Light : Partial Shade to Full Shade
- Foliage Color : Purple/Burgundy
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest