This clumping perennial has triangular, strongly flavored, crinkly leaves. Its bright green foliage livens up any garden.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsGreat foliage plant or use as a groundcover. Edible leaves. Usually grown as an annual, since leaves are coarser in its second year. It is a host plant for black swallowtail butterfly larvae.
CareProvide full sun to part shade and moist but well-drained soil.
PropagationSow seed in situ from spring to late summer. Germination is slow and erratic.
ProblemsStem rot, damping off, and leaf spots. Carrot fly and celery fly larvae. Black swallowtail larvae.
- Genus : Petroselinum
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 5, 6, 7, 8
- Characteristics : Fragrant Foliage, Showy Foliage
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Plant Type : Herbs
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest