This variegated deciduous vine has two shades of green at the center of the leaf and creamy white margins. Leaves brighten to hot pink in the fall. Pink buds and pastel pink and cream flowers are sweetly scented.
CareTravels by twining and needs to be tied to a vertical stake at planting time and to its support as it grows.
PropagationTake semi-ripe cuttings in summer.
ProblemsAphids, leaf roller, scale insects, dieback, powdery mildew, leaf spots, and blights.
- Genus : Lonicera
- Plant Height : 15 to 30 feet
- Zones : 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Growth Rate : Fast
- Characteristics : Fragrant Flowers
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Flower Color : Pink, White
- Bloom Time : Summer
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest
- Plant Type : Vines