This woody, twining climber has two-lipped, tubular scarlet-orange flowers, yellow inside, in terminal whorls in summer and autumn. Bright red fruit appears in autumn.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsAttracts hummingbirds.
CareTravels by twining and needs to be tied to a vertical stake at planting time and to its support as it grows.
PropagationTake semi-ripe cuttings in summer.
ProblemsAphids, leaf roller, scale insects, dieback, powdery mildew, leaf spots, and blights.
- Genus : Lonicera
- Plant Height : 10 to 15 feet
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Characteristics : Attracts Hummingbirds, Fragrant Flowers
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Fall, Summer
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Flower Color : Red, Yellow
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest
- Plant Type : Vines