This vigorous, woody evergreen or semi-evergreen trailing vine has dark green leaves to 3 inches long. Tubular, two-lipped, fragrant white flowers are sometimes flushed with purple, aging to yellow. Blooms appear from spring to late summer. Flowers mature to blue-black fruit.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsAggressive and vigorous, it can take over entire areas.
PropagationTake semi-ripe cuttings in summer.
ProblemsAphids, leaf roller, scale insects, dieback, powdery mildew, leaf spots, and blights.
- Genus : Lonicera
- Zones : 10, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Height : 30 feet or more
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Growth Rate : Fast
- Characteristics : Fragrant Flowers
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
- Bloom Time : Summer
- Plant Type : Vines
- Flower Color : White, Yellow
Plant Characteristics are only available to Fine Gardening members
Sign up for a free trial and get instant access to our complete plant guide as well as our entire collection of articles and videos.