Dianthus ‘Bath’s Pink’ is a stunning, wide-spreading ground cover with grassy, blue-green foliage and pink flowers. Use it to edge a bed or grow it in your rock garden for a splash of cool color. To keep its blooms going, be sure to deadhead.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsIts flowers are pink and have a spicy, clove-like scent.
CareGrow in full sun and average to sandy well-drained soil. Will not tolerate standing water, but great for rock gardens and sites that are on the dry side.
Propagation From seed or softwood cuttings.
Problems No serious disease or insect problems.
- Genus : Dianthus
- Zones : 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Height : 6 to 12 inches
- Plant Width : 6 to 12 inches
- Tolerance : Deer Tolerant
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Early Fall, Early Summer, Fall, Late Spring, Late Summer, Spring, Summer
- Characteristics : Fragrant Flowers
- Light : Full Sun
- Uses : Ground Covers, Pathways, Sun
- Maintenance : Low
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Flower Color : Pink
- Foliage Color : Purple/Burgundy
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest