This is an ovate, glossy-leaved plant usually grown as a houseplant. In early summer, it produces fleshy, bell-shaped, cream colored flowers with maroon interiors.
CareWater sparingly in winter. Site outside in full to part shade.
PropagationDivide in spring.
- Genus : Aspidistra
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 10, 7, 8, 9
- Uses : Containers, Shade
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Summer
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Light : Partial Shade to Full Shade
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
- Flower Color : White
Plant Characteristics are only available to Fine Gardening members
Sign up for a free trial and get instant access to our complete plant guide as well as our entire collection of articles and videos.