With its mottled cream/green foliage, ‘Taff’s Gold’ can brighten any dark garden area. This western-native ground cover forms plantlets form at the base of the older leaves—hence its common name “piggyback plant.” This plant needs little or no water, except in lengthy periods of drought. Piggyback plant looks good in hanging baskets and containers. -Sylvia Matlock, Regional Picks: Northwest, Fine Gardening issue #127
CarePlant in moist, rich soil.
PropagationBy division, seed, or cuttings.
ProblemsMealybugs, spider mites.
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 3 to 6 feet
- Zones : 6, 7, 8, 9
- Uses : Containers, Shade
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Late Spring, Spring, Summer
- Maintenance : Low
- Light : Partial Shade to Full Shade
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest