From late spring until fall, Boer love grass puts on a glorious display as inflorescences that emerge silver and dry to gold dance up to 2 feet above the fine-textured clump of foliage. The show is shorter in humid climates.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsDrought tolerant.
CareGrow in full sun and most any soil. Cut back before new growth begins.
PropagationBy seed or division.
- Genus : Eragrostis
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 10, 7, 8, 9
- Moisture : Adaptable
- Bloom Time : Early Fall, Early Summer, Fall, Late Spring, Late Summer, Spring, Summer
- Light : Full Sun
- Plant Type : Grasses
- Maintenance : Low
- Foliage Color : Purple/Burgundy
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest