'Blue Fortune' produces spikes of powder-blue flowers held over large, deep green foliage. The plant stands approximately 36 inches tall with a mature width of 18 inches. Peak bloom occurs in midsummer when butterflies are plentiful.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsThis variety is more tolerant of cold winters and wet soil than other species of Agastache.
CareProvide full sun to light shade and dry to medium soil. Some plants may need winter protection where not hardy.
PropagationSow seed in spring. Divide plants in summer. Root semi-ripe cuttings in summer.
ProblemsMildew, rust, and downy mildew.
- Genus : Agastache
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 10, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Growth Rate : Fast
- Characteristics : Fragrant Foliage, Self Seeds
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Maintenance : Low
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
- Bloom Time : Summer