Large, fuzzy, gray-green leaves distinguish ‘Autumn Bride’ from other cultivars of Heuchera villosa. Attractive white flowers bloom in midsummer. This heuchera tolerates full sun but prefers partial shade, especially in the afternoon. -Jane Hutson, Regional Picks: Midwest, Fine Gardening issue# 127
Noteworthy CharacteristicsA cultivar of a U.S. native.
CareMoist, well-drained, humus-rich soil.
Propagation By division.
Problems Generally trouble-free, but watch for foliar nematodes, powdery mildew, rust, and leaf spots.
- Genus : Heuchera
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- Characteristics : Attracts Hummingbirds, North American Native, Showy Foliage
- Uses : Containers, Ground Covers
- Tolerance : Drought Tolerant
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Fall Interest
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Foliage Color : Green
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Plant Type : North American Natives, Perennials
- Bloom Time : Summer
- Flower Color : White
Plant Characteristics are only available to Fine Gardening members
Sign up for a free trial and get instant access to our complete plant guide as well as our entire collection of articles and videos.