The maple-shaped leaves of this heuchera are pale orange with overtones honey, amber, and even pale green. Some are a single color, while others are a fusion. Reddish brown flowers appear in summer. The flower spikes can give cut-flower arrangements a contemporary look. -Sue Whetten, Regional Picks: Rocky Mountains, Fine Gardening issue #127
CareMoist, well-drained soil.
Propagation By division.
ProblemsNo serious problems.
- Genus : Heuchera
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Uses : Containers, Foliage, Shade
- Characteristics : Deer Resistant, Showy Foliage
- Tolerance : Deer Tolerant
- Growth Rate : Fast
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Foliage Color : Multicolored, Red
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest, Summer Interest
- Bloom Time : Summer
Plant Characteristics are only available to Fine Gardening members
Sign up for a free trial and get instant access to our complete plant guide as well as our entire collection of articles and videos.