Heuchera ‘Caramel’ has H. villosa parentage, so it’s more tolerant of heat and humidity that other heacheras. It has glowing, apricot-hued foliage that grows up to 12 inches tall and 20 inches wide. Pink flowers appear in spring. This plant performs well in both garden beds and containers, or as a groundcover when planted en masse. It may be evergreen on warmer climates.
CareProvide full sun to partial shade and consistantly moist, well-drained soil. Shade is prefered in southern locations.
Propagation Divide clumps in spring.
Problems Occasional powdery mildew or leaf spots may occur.
- Genus : Heuchera
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Uses : Containers, Ground Covers, Shade, Sun
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Late Spring, Spring, Summer
- Tolerance : Frost Tolerant
- Light : Full Sun
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Flower Color : Pink
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest