Australian tree fern has dark green fronds that can reach 12 feet long. Its stem elongates into a trunk-like structure, giving the plant the appearance of a palm tree. Humidity is essential to growing this plant well. Use it as a specimen plant, in a container, or in a greenhouse.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsFeathery, large foliage.
CareProvide full sun and moist soil, or dappled shade and moist, fertile, well-drained soil. When grown indoors, provide bright filtered light and medium to high humidity. Mist plants on hot days, whether grown indoors or out.
PropagationSow fresh spores at 59-64°F.
- Zones : 10, 11
- Plant Height : 3 to 6 feet
- Plant Width : 6 to 10 feet
- Uses : Containers
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Maintenance : Moderate
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest