This variety is more compact than the species, and its leaves are variegated with creamy margins. In late spring to summer, its star-shaped yellow flowers open from pink buds and mature to crimson. It grows to just 4 inches tall and 12 inches wide.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsCompact plant with variegated foliage.
CareProvide moderately fertile, well-drained soil in full sun.
PropagationTake stem cuttings or root leaves in early summer; divide in spring.
ProblemsMealybugs, scale, slugs, snails.
- Genus : Sedum
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Width : 6 to 12 inches
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Late Spring, Summer
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Uses : Ground Covers
- Maintenance : Low
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Flower Color : Red, Yellow
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage, Showy Seed Heads
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest
- Plant Height : Under 6 inches