In summer to late summer, this low-growing Sedum has rosy-red flowers atop small, fleshy blue-green leaves with ruddy highlights. Plants grow 8-12 inches tall and 18 inches wide.
CareAdaptable to a variety of conditions, it prefers moderately fertile, well-drained, neutral to slightly alkaline soil in full sun.
PropagationTake stem cuttings or root leaves in early summer. Start seed in fall. Divide in spring.
ProblemsMealy bugs, scale insects, slugs, snails.
- Genus : Sedum
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Height : 6 to 12 inches
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Bloom Time : Late Summer, Summer
- Maintenance : Low
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Flower Color : Pink
- Characteristics : Showy Seed Heads
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest