This is a vigorous, mat-forming evergreen species with small gray-green leaves and terminal clusters of star-shaped, vibrant yellow flowers in summer. The drooping buds face upward when they open. It grows to 4 inches tall and 2 feet across.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsGive this freely spreading plant room to grow; it makes a great groundcover and spills over walls.
CareProvide well-drained, gravelly soil in full sun. It can also take a bit of shade.
PropagationTake stem cuttings or root leaves in early summer; start seed in fall; divide in spring.
ProblemsMealybugs, scale, slugs, and snails.
- Genus : Sedum
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 6, 7, 8, 9
- Uses : Containers, Ground Covers
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Late Summer, Summer
- Growth Rate : Fast
- Tolerance : Frost Tolerant
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Maintenance : Low
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest
- Plant Height : Under 6 inches
- Flower Color : Yellow