Year-round gray-green foliage persists through shade and snow and is fairly deer and rabbit resistant. Flowers appear in early spring with daffodils and tulips. This cultivar produces flowers that sit well above the foliage and point upward, which adds to its showiness.
Noteworthy Characteristics'Ivory Prince' is a sterile form, so it won't produce colonies.
CareProvide rich, humusy, moist but well-drained soil in part to full shade.
PropagationDivide after flowering in spring.
ProblemsSlugs, snails, aphids, black spot and leaf spot.
- Genus : Helleborus
- Zones : 5, 6, 7, 8
- Plant Height : 6 to 12 inches
- Plant Width : 6 to 12 inches
- Characteristics : Cut flower, Evergreen, Showy Foliage
- Tolerance : Deer Tolerant, Frost Tolerant
- Bloom Time : Early Spring, Spring
- Uses : Foundation Plantings, Front Yard, Shade, Small Spaces
- Foliage Color : Green
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Light : Partial Shade
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
- Flower Color : White