This perennial evergreen has white-speckled leaves with toothed edges. It produces abundant yellow flowers in late winter and early spring.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsVariegation is most dramatic in shade, but the plant will tolerate more light.
PropagationSow seed in containers when ripe. H. argutifolius resents division.
ProblemsSlugs, snails, aphids, black spot and leaf spot.
- Genus : Helleborus
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 6, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Width : 6 to 12 inches
- Tolerance : Deer Tolerant, Frost Tolerant
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium to Wet
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Uses : Shade
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Bloom Time : Spring, Winter
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest