This rhizomatous perennial has erect or creeping stems and silvery leaves. In summer, it produces spikes of yellow flowers spotted with brown. A less invasive cultivar is 'Hermann's Pride'.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsVery invasive.
CareGrow in moist but well-drained soil. Control spreading habit by digging out rhizomes.
PropagationDivide in autumn or early spring.
ProblemsDowny mildew, powdery mildew, leaf spot, slugs, and snails.
- Genus : Lamium
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- Growth Rate : Fast
- Uses : Ground Covers
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Light : Partial Shade to Full Shade
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Bloom Time : Summer
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest
- Flower Color : Yellow