Wood spurge is a soft, hairy, evergreen perennial with red-tinged stems and matte dark green leaves with red tones underneath. In mid-spring to early summer, it produces 8-inch-tall, greenish-yellow bracts.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsMilky sap may cause irritation to skin and severe discomfort if ingested.
CareThis plant prefers moist soil in dappled shade. Cut down the foliage after flowering for fresh growth.
PropagationSow seed when ripe or in spring; divide in early spring.
ProblemsNematodes, spider mites, aphids, mealybugs, fungal and bacterial diseases.
- Genus : Euphorbia
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 6, 7, 8, 9
- Tolerance : Deer Tolerant
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Late Spring, Spring, Summer
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Flower Color : Green, Yellow
- Uses : Ground Covers
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest