This variety has dark, glossy evergreen leaves arranged in tight rosettes, and it produces yellow-green bracts in mid-spring and early summer.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsThis plant spreads rapidly (it may be invasive), and it is difficult to remove. Milky sap may cause irritation to skin and severe discomfort if ingested.
CareIt can take a wide range of conditions: moist or dry soil in full sun to shade.
PropagationSow seed when ripe or in spring. Divide plants in early spring.
ProblemsNematodes, spider mites, aphids, mealybugs, fungal and bacterial diseases.
- Genus : Euphorbia
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 3 to 6 feet
- Zones : 6, 7, 8, 9
- Tolerance : Deer Tolerant
- Moisture : Dry
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Late Spring, Spring, Summer
- Growth Rate : Fast
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Flower Color : Green, Yellow
- Uses : Ground Covers
- Maintenance : Moderate
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
Plant Characteristics are only available to Fine Gardening members
Sign up for a free trial and get instant access to our complete plant guide as well as our entire collection of articles and videos.