This outstanding hybrid blooms from spring until frost and has beautifully dissected foliage. Innumerable clusters of purple blossoms cover this plant and look fantastic cascading over the edges of a hanging basket. Verbenas are excellent for annual borders, containers—especially hanging baskets—and for the mixed herbaceous border.
CareIn containers, provide good drainage, full sun, and monthly fertilizer during the growing season. In the garden, provide moist, well-drained soil in full sun.
PropagationSow seed in autumn or early spring at 64° to 70°F. Divide perennials in spring or take cuttings in late summer.
ProblemsWhiteflies, aphids, slugs, snails, scale insects, spider mites, powdery mildew, Septoria leaf spot, rust.
- Genus : Verbena
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 10, 11
- Plant Width : 3 to 6 feet
- Plant Type : Annuals
- Uses : Containers, Ground Covers
- Tolerance : Drought Tolerant, Frost Tolerant
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Fall, Spring, Summer
- Growth Rate : Fast
- Light : Full Sun
- Maintenance : Low
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest