This low-growing perennial produces long-lasting light pink blossoms with dark pink centers. It is an heirloom cultivar of the native species. Verbenas are excellent for annual borders, containers—especially hanging baskets—and some for the mixed herbaceous border.
CareIn containers, provide good drainage, full sun, and monthly fertilizer during the growing season. In the garden, provide moist, well-drained soil in full sun.
PropagationSow seed in autumn or early spring at 64-70°F. Divide in spring or take cuttings in summer.
ProblemsWhiteflies, aphids, slugs, snails, scale insects, spider mites, powdery mildew, Septoria leaf spot, rust.
- Genus : Verbena
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 10, 7, 8, 9
- Uses : Containers, Ground Covers
- Tolerance : Drought Tolerant
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Early Fall, Early Summer, Late Summer, Summer
- Growth Rate : Fast
- Light : Full Sun
- Maintenance : Low
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Flower Color : Pink
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest