This striking new Colocasia features dark—almost black—foliage that develops a creamy white center as the season progresses. At about 2½ feet tall and wide, it is also more compact than other cultivars.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsPurple-black foliage adorned in summer with a central creamy white streak. It also has a more compact habit than other elephant ears.
CareThe key to growing big plants is water, nutrients, and warmth. Colocasias are heavy feeders and respond favorably to a rich, organic soil.
ProblemsAllowing plant to dry out can cause the foliage to burn
- Genus : Colocasia
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 10, 11, 7, 8, 9
- Foliage Color : Black, Multicolored
- Uses : Color, Containers, Foliage, Specimen/Focal Point, Sun, Wet Areas
- Growth Rate : Fast
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Moisture : Medium to Wet, Wet
- Maintenance : Moderate
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest