This luminous hybrid bears unspotted, orchid-like lavender flowers with yellow-throated bases. It has unusually large and clean leaves, which look great all season. It grows up to 3 feet tall, although its lovely, almost weeping, habit keeps the plant’s height closer to 2 or 2.5 feet. It grows to about 3 feet wide. Toad lilies make subtle but exotic specimens for woodland borders and other shady sites.
CareProvide moist, but well-drained soil, in partial to full shade. Mulch plants in cold climates with little snow cover.
PropagationSow seed when fresh in a cold frame. Divide when still dormant in early spring.
- Genus : Tricyrtis
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 5, 6, 7, 8
- Bloom Time : Early Fall, Fall, Late Summer, Summer
- Uses : Ground Covers, Shade
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium to Wet
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Light : Partial Shade to Full Shade
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest
- Flower Color : Yellow