The star-like blossoms of this species are white with rich purple spots and purple stigmas. It blooms in late summer to mid-autumn along arching stems up to 2.5 feet tall.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsThese perennials are from moist woodlands and high elevations from eastern Asia to the Phillipines. They make subtle, but exotic, specimens for woodland borders.
CareGrow in moist, but well-drained soil in partial to full shade. Mulch plants in cold climates with little snow cover, and site in a sheltered location to protect blossoms from early frosts.
PropagationSow seed when fresh in a cold frame. Divide when still dormant in early spring.
- Genus : Tricyrtis
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Bloom Time : Early Fall, Fall, Late Summer, Summer
- Uses : Ground Covers, Shade
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium to Wet
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Light : Partial Shade to Full Shade
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest
- Flower Color : White