This choice cultivar boasts domed clusters of starry, pale-pink flowers with dark-tipped stamens. The foliage is medium blue-green, overlaid by tints of burgundy and stormy gray. The rich red stems reach up to 3 feet tall.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsPink flower clusters on red stems.
CareThis plant prefers moderately fertile, moist soil in full sun, but can take it drier. It can be tip pruned at 6 to 8 inches to shorten the plant, but this will also delay flowering.
PropagationTake softwood cuttings or root leaves in early summer. Start seeds in fall. Divide in spring.
ProblemsMealybugs, scale, slugs, and snails.
- Genus : Sedum
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- Uses : Containers
- Bloom Time : Fall, Summer
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Flower Color : Pink
- Foliage Color : Purple/Burgundy
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage, Showy Seed Heads
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest
Plant Characteristics are only available to Fine Gardening members
Sign up for a free trial and get instant access to our complete plant guide as well as our entire collection of articles and videos.