This fine Veronica was the Perennial Plant of the Year in 1993. From early summer to frost this upright cultivar forms branched spikes (to 7 inches long) of dark violet-blue flowers. It has glossy and crinkled dark green leaves, and grows to less than 2 feet tall. It is a fine choice for adding long-season color to a mixed border.
CareProvide moderately fertile, well-drained soil in full sun to partial shade.
PropagationDivide in spring.
ProblemsScale insects, downy mildew, powdery mildew, rust, leaf smut, and root rot may occur.
- Genus : Veronica
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- Plant Width : 6 to 12 inches
- Uses : Containers, Ground Covers
- Bloom Time : Early Fall, Early Summer, Late Summer, Summer
- Tolerance : Frost Tolerant
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest
Plant Characteristics are only available to Fine Gardening members
Sign up for a free trial and get instant access to our complete plant guide as well as our entire collection of articles and videos.