Soft, fuzzy, purple-tinged leaves make this Plectranthus a good companion plant in containers.
CareProvide part shade and well-drained soil.
PropagationDivide in spring; take cuttings any time. Or start from ripe seed at 66 to 75° F.
ProblemsMealybugs, spider mites, leaf spots, root rot.
- Genus : Plectranthus
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 10, 11, 9
- Uses : Containers, Ground Covers
- Characteristics : Fragrant Foliage, Showy Foliage
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Foliage Color : Purple/Burgundy
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest
Plant Characteristics are only available to Fine Gardening members
Sign up for a free trial and get instant access to our complete plant guide as well as our entire collection of articles and videos.