Plectranthus cultivars are popular foliage plants, but some gardeners grow them for their blooms, and one of the best bloomers is ‘Mona Lavender’. This cultivar has abundant lavender-purple flowers that complement the dark green leaves (with purple undersides and stems). These plants thrive in light to deep shade. -Tom Nelson, Regional Picks: Northern California, Fine Gardening issue #127
CarePlant in fertile, well-drained soil. Easy to grow.
ProblemsNo serious problems.
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 10, 11, 9
- Uses : Containers, Shade
- Bloom Time : Early Fall, Early Spring, Early Summer, Fall, Late Fall, Late Spring, Late Summer, Spring, Summer
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Fall Interest
- Light : Full Shade
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Maintenance : Moderate
- Characteristics : Showy Fall Foliage, Showy Foliage
Plant Characteristics are only available to Fine Gardening members
Sign up for a free trial and get instant access to our complete plant guide as well as our entire collection of articles and videos.