This beautiful specimen has tall, delicate stems punctuated by clusters of columbine-like, bluish gray leaves. In summer, it bears sprays of nodding lavender-pink or white flowers with pale yellow stamens that reach as high as 3 feet. Plants grow to 12 inches wide. Plant at the back of a border, and stake plants as necessary.
Noteworthy Characteristics‘Lavender Mist’ earns its place in the garden with its foliage alone. It does well as a backdrop or see-through plant in a mixed border. It is also suitable for a wild or woodland garden.
CareProvide moist, humus-rich soil in partial shade. It may require staking. Most plants emerge in mid to late spring.
PropagationSow seed in a cold frame when fresh. Divide as new growth appears in spring.
ProblemsPowdery mildew, rust, white smut, leaf spots, slugs
- Genus : Thalictrum
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Height : 3 to 6 feet
- Zones : 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Late Summer, Summer
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Moisture : Medium to Wet
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Maintenance : Moderate
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Flower Color : Pink, White, Yellow
- Foliage Color : Purple/Burgundy
- Characteristics : Self Seeds, Showy Foliage
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest