This hauntingly beautiful specimen has blue-green foliage along matte, purple-green, willowy stems. At 5 or more feet in height, it has a dramatic yet delicate garden presence. Its sprays of nodding lilac flowers have pale yellow stamens. Plant at the back of a border; it may require staking.
Noteworthy Characteristics'Lavender Mist' earns its place in the garden with its foliage alone. It does well as a backdrop or see-through plant in a mixed border. It is also suitable for a wild or woodland garden.
CareProvide moist, humus-rich soil in partial shade. It may require staking. Most Thalictrums are late to emerge in mid- to late spring.
PropagationSow seed in a cold frame when fresh. Divide as new growth appears in spring.
ProblemsPowdery mildew, rust, white smut, leaf spots, slugs.
- Genus : Thalictrum
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Height : 6 to 10 feet
- Bloom Time : Early Fall, Fall, Late Summer, Summer
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Moisture : Medium to Wet
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Maintenance : Moderate
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Flower Color : Pink, Yellow
- Characteristics : Self Seeds, Showy Foliage
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest