This upright perennial has funnel-shaped, bright pink flowers on 3-foot-tall stalks in spring.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsNative to southern Arizona.
CareGrow in fertile, well-drained soil.
PropagationTake softwood cuttings in early summer or semi-ripe cuttings in mid-summer. Divide in spring.
ProblemsPowdery mildew, rust, leaf spots, and Southern blight. Slugs and snails may damage young plants.
- Genus : Penstemon
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 10, 8, 9
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Flower Color : Pink
- Bloom Time : Spring
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest