Tubular lavender-pink flowers with paler pink lobes are borne in late spring to early summer. The foliage is evergreen.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsAttracts bees. Suitable for xeriscaping.
CareGrow in well-drained soil.
PropagationTake softwood cuttings in early summer or semi-ripe cuttings in midsummer. Divide in spring.
ProblemsPowdery mildew, rust, leaf spots, and Southern blight. Slugs and snails may damage young plants.
- Genus : Penstemon
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 4
- Plant Width : 6 to 12 inches
- Light : Full Sun
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Bloom Time : Spring, Summer
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest